Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pic of the Day: Typhoid Jenny

Not the best or coolest work I've done, but I've been chomping at the bit to do a picture mocking Jenny McCarthy and her abjectly idiotic--and DANGEROUS--obsession with vaccination.

This woman claims that vaccination gave her kid autism. She wants to warn people away from getting their children vaccinated and even admits that doing so will risk lives...yet it'll somehow be worth it.

It seems like she's mentioned in medical blogs weekly, having committed some new stupidity. The guys at White Coat Undergound and Respectful Insolence frequently launch masterful broadsides that make me despair of my own writing ability. Here's an excellent dissection of her at the latter blog.

She's also been the focus of several Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast segments.

So. Here's my own Flickr offering: Typhoid Jenny!

Spread it far and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment