Friday, May 1, 2009

Song of the Day: Here's Where the Story Ends (The Sundays)

Sometime back in my RGIS inventory days (2001-2004), we were counting a Lowe's and I was wandering around doing the end-caps at the ends of the aisles. I was somewhere in the electrical department and this song came on. I'd never heard it before, and I couldn't make out the words, but I immediately wanted it. It took several months of hearing the song without being able to make anything out before I finally nailed it by taking a restroom break (this grocery store's PA was pretty loud in the restrooms).

Turned out this song's on The Sundays' debut album.

Harriet Wheeler's got the lovely, bright voice that caught my attention--mainly in the unusual melody in the choruses. I've never heard anything like it before or since.

Sure could have used her talents in that band I was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment