Saturday, April 25, 2009

Media & Stooopit, II: I Say Yamato, They Say Yamamoto

I just thought of another shining moment of Media Ignorance.

Back on April 7th, I was waiting my turn at a local Subway. Place has three TV's, and all three were turned to *spit* Fox News. Yes, it caused me pain to type that.

So this moron moutpiece at Fox is yapping about "This Day in History" and he mentions that on April 7, 1945, the Japanese Battleship Yamamoto was sunk.

Er...Yamamoto?

Hey, dumbasses...Yamamoto was an Admiral. You got "Japanese" right, at least. Yamamoto died on April 18, 1943, of severe lead poisoning infused by a flight of P-38 Lightnings. Total badass caper timed to the anniversary of the Doolittle Raid of 1942 (you know, the one Alec Baldwin flew in "Pearl Harbor").

The IJN YAMATO was the ship that was sunk on April 7, 1945.

Even the goobers running the screen-crawl along the bottom spelled it "Yamamoto."

I know, I know...it's not Journalism--it's Fox! (tm)

No comments:

Post a Comment