Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pic of the Day: Everybody Panic! Pensacola Snow!

From the National Weather Service:

Tonight: Rain and sleet, mainly after midnight. Steady temperature around 38. North wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Friday: Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all snow after 10am. High near 37. Wind chill values between 25 and 30. North wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. North wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Since I don't know whether Blogger will render the screenshot in a readable size (it's about 200kb), I've upped the pic to the Flickr account.

People are freaking out, buying up bottled water, filling up their gas tanks, all the same stuff they do for last-minute hurricane prep.

Me, I'm sipping hot cocoa and getting my cameras ready for tomorrow's Big Blizzard. I mean, two whole inches is a lot, right?

The last time it snowed, this is all I got:

No comments:

Post a Comment