Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pic of the Day: Lookin' Good at Thirty!


Built sometime in May of 1981. I picked May 12, a month after the Space Shuttle Columbia's maiden flight. I've considered adding some sort of commemorative shuttle decor, but I don't really want to mess with the car's overall look.

It's funny; I've never had a car that caught so much attention on the street as this one does. Her "little sister"--an '83 Citation 4-door--didn't garner much notice in the decade I was driving her around.

She's made it a damn sight farther than my first car, a 1972 Chevy Step-Van that maybe rolled 50 miles in the 5 years I had it. I learned a lot about car repair--engine, brakes, bodywork, and all that. The van was beyond saving, or beyond my skills; it went away when I got an enormous 9-passenger '76 Impala wagon.

The van never looked as good as the X-11, let alone as good as this:


I still miss that old van...and the Impala. I really miss the '83 Citation.

No comments:

Post a Comment